All Random All Mid, commonly known as ARAM, is a fast-paced and action-packed game mode in League of Legends that brings a unique twist to the traditional Summoner’s Rift experience. In ARAM, players are randomly assigned a champion and battle it out in a single, narrow lane with no side lanes or jungle. With constant team fights and limited resources, ARAM demands a different set of skills and strategies compared to the classic 5v5 modes. This comprehensive guide will delve into How to play ARAM in League of Legends, covering everything from champion selection to teamfighting and itemization.
How to play ARAM in League of Legends
ARAM begins with the crucial phase of champion selection. Unlike other game modes, where you can carefully choose a champion that suits your playstyle and team composition, ARAM throws you into the chaos with a random champion. However, there are some key aspects to consider during this phase:
- Understanding Your Champion: While you might not have control over your champion selection, it’s essential to have a basic understanding of the abilities and strengths of the champion you receive. Familiarize yourself with your champion’s role in team fights and any unique mechanics they may possess.
- Team Composition Awareness: Pay attention to your team composition. Does your team lack a tank or crowd control? Are there champions with strong poke or burst damage? Adapt your playstyle to complement your team’s strengths and cover its weaknesses.
- Adaptability: ARAM often requires players to adapt to different playstyles and roles. Be open to trying new things and adjusting your strategy based on your champion and the overall team dynamic.
Once the champions are locked in, the game kicks off with everyone starting at level 3, and gold is provided to purchase initial items. The early game in ARAM sets the tone for the rest of the match:
- Itemization: Spend your starting gold wisely on items that complement your champion’s strengths. Consider purchasing items that provide sustain, mobility, or early combat stats.
- Positioning: Given the single-lane layout of ARAM, positioning is crucial. Avoid standing too close to the enemy team, especially if they have champions with strong crowd control or poke abilities.
- Poking and Trading: Take advantage of opportunities to poke and trade with the enemy team. Champions with long-range abilities or strong early-game damage can exert pressure and create advantageous situations for your team.
As the game progresses into the mid-game, teams start to accumulate more levels and gold. The following strategies can help you navigate this phase effectively:
- Objective Control: While ARAM lacks traditional objectives like Dragon or Baron, controlling health packs and the central health relic becomes crucial. Deny the enemy team access to these resources while securing them for your team.
- Ultimate Coordination: Coordinate the use of ultimates with your teammates to maximize their impact in team fights. Combining ultimates can turn the tide of battle and secure key objectives.
- Item Upgrades: Revisit the shop during respawn timers to upgrade your items. Items like Grievous Wounds or defensive items such as Guardian Angel can be game-changers.
As the game transitions into the late game, team fights become increasingly pivotal. Here’s how to navigate the final stages of an ARAM match:
- Teamfighting Priority: Identify high-priority targets in team fights, such as enemy carries or champions with game-changing abilities. Focus on crowd control and burst damage to eliminate or disable these targets.
- Vision and Map Awareness: Keep an eye on the minimap to track enemy movements. Vision is limited in ARAM, but awareness of enemy positions can help your team make informed decisions and avoid ambushes.
- Cooldown Management: Track the cooldowns of both your team’s and the enemy team’s important abilities. Engaging or disengaging at the right moment can be the key to success in team fights.
Synergy and Cooperation:
In ARAM, team synergy is crucial. While you may not have control over your teammates’ champion selections, understanding how to cooperate with your team is vital. Keep an eye out for opportunities to combine your abilities with those of your teammates. For instance, if you have a champion with crowd control, coordinate with your team to capitalize on the ensuing chaos.
Additionally, pay attention to your team’s composition. If you have multiple champions with poke or long-range abilities, you may want to focus on poking down the enemy team before committing to an all-out engagement. Conversely, if your team has champions with strong engage tools, look for opportunities to initiate fights and catch the enemy team off guard.
ARAM offers a refreshing and fast-paced alternative to the traditional Summoner’s Rift experience in League of Legends. By mastering champion selection, adapting to different playstyles, and employing effective strategies throughout the game, you can become a formidable force in the chaotic battles of ARAM. Whether you’re a seasoned player or a newcomer to the game mode, these tips and strategies will help you navigate the challenges of All Random All Mid and contribute to your team’s success on the Howling Abyss.